EV Charging Stations
Between 2011 and 2012, the number of public Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations nationwide rose from 750 to over 8,000 to meet the growing popularity of EVs. However, charging an EV with coal or natural gas fired electricity only reduces the carbon emissions associated with operating the vehicle between 35% and 60% - and creates a hefty electric bill.
EVs only gets us halfway there. The addition of a solar charging station to the equation can drop the carbon emissions of driving your car drop to zero. ZERO. It’s for this reason that money-wise car-based businesses and commuting homeowners are investing in solar-powered charging stations to go with their EVs - and nothing says clean energy transportation like SolarScapes.
Architectural capabilities and superior aesthetics make LSX the perfect solution for EV charging stations, like the SolarScapes shown above in Austin, Texas.
- Each LSX module has a durable butyl-based perimeter seal to better withstand the elements from both above and below.
- SolarScapes can be sealed with the LSXSeal to create a waterproof carport.
- With the architectural capabilities of LSX Rail, the support structure can be made with less material and in more diverse designs.
- The integrated wireway of LSX Rail allows the wire management to be out of sight and protected, creating a durable and beautiful canopy.
- The sleek look of LSX enhances the most exacting architecture while powering your way of life.
This is why GM chose Lumos LSX to power their flagship EV charging stations in Las Vegas.
Without solar, an EV will increase your electric bill dramatically, making SolarScapes a wise investment that can provide up to 100% of your car's power.